Learning Spanish at the HNU
If you are in the Business Studies degree programme, you can choose between French and Spanish as your second foreign language in addition to English. If you are in any other degree programme, you can choose Spanish as an elective course.
If you choose Spanish as your second foreign language as part of your Business Studies degree programme, during the first two semesters you will take two consecutive compulsory courses of three credit hours each. Depending on your level of proficiency, you will enrol either in Business Spanish (for those with previous knowledge equivalent to a strong A2) or the Spanish Basic Course (for those with no previous knowledge). Together with Business Ethics and the Intercultural Seminar, Spanish is part of the Intercultural Skills module.
You can study Spanish as an elective or optional course if you are at the advanced level in Business Studies or are in one of the following degree programmes:
- Information Management and Corporate Communications (IMUK)
- Business Information Systems (WIF)
- Industrial Engineering (WIN)
- Industrial Engineering / Logistics (WIL)
- Business Studies in Healthcare Management (BGW)
- Information Management in Healthcare (IMG)
- Master of Advanced Management (MAM)
Depending on your level of proficiency, you will start with the Basic, Advanced (4 ECTS credits / credit hours each) or a UNIcert® course (2 ECTS credits / credit hours).