Return via mail
You can return your books via mail as long as you ensure that they arrive undamaged. Here is a short FAQ:
- Which address?
Please send your books to:
Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften Neu-Ulm
- How do I pack the books?
Rule of thumb: In a way that ensures the books arrive undamaged. This means:
- We recommend sending the books as DHL paket because there will be insurance coverage up to € 500.
- If you want to go a bit cheaper (but without insurance coverage), you can use a DHL Päckchen (up to 2 kg).
- Even cheaper, but without insurance coverage and with longer delivery time (approx. 4 working days), is a book shipment (up to 1 kg) in a padded package (available at the post office). Please read the features and the required handling before deciding to use a book shipment.
Please add a short, informal cover letter to your shipment. In doing so, your shipment will be assignable even if the packaging is damaged.
- Will there be fees even though I have already sent the shipment?
The return date will be the date on which the books arrive at the library, not your sending date, thus fees might be generated.
- Who is responsible if the shipment is lost or damaged?
You as the sender are fundamentally liable.
The risk of a lost or damaged shipment is very low; however, if you want to be protected, you can always send the shipment as DHL paket because there will be insurance coverage up to € 500.