- Manage your literature in a central knowledge database.
- Insert references into your paper with a single click, whether you use Microsoft Word or OpenOffice.
- Access your EndNote library on every computer that has internet access.
- How can I install EndNote?
- Please check wether your operating system and your word processor are compatible with EndNote.
- Depending on your operating system, please download the setup file for Windows or the setup file for Mac OS.
- Execute the setup file and enter your 20 digit product key (link leads to HNU intranet). Then follow the instructions. You do not have to make any custom settings.
- How can I learn how to use EndNote?
Thomson Reuters offers you two great video tutorials:
- Mac OS:
Building an EndNote Macintosh Library (70 min)
Cite While You Write in Word on Macintosh (51 min)
Editing an EndNote style is more complex, but you can learn about it by watching Building a Simple EndNote Style (63 min, works for Windows and Mac OS).
- Mac OS:
- What is the difference between EndNote and Citavi?
- EndNote runs on Windows and Mac OS.
- Citavi runs only on Windows. If you want to use Citavi on a Mac, you will have to install a virtual machine first (further information on our Citavi page).
- EndNote's interface is in English and its citation styles are almost exclusively in English, too.
- Citavi's interface is preset to German and can be set to English, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish. It contains all relevant citation styles in both German and English.
- EndNote is a little difficult to learn, but its citation style editor is very clear and user-friendly.
- Citavi is easy to learn and comfortable to use, but its citation style editor is rather confusing.