Other Types of Insurance

Accident Insurance

Students are insured by law against accidents within the HNU grounds and on the journey between the HNU and home. Moreover, as a general rule you will be insured by your employer against accidents during any jobs you take on during term time or vacations and during internships. You do not pay the contributions; your employer does this.

Civil Liability Insurance

Besides health insurance, we recommend that you take out civil liability insurance as quickly as possible. This pays damages for incidents such as causing an accident by negligence when riding your bicycle, for example, or losing the key to your flat.

If you have any questions about health insurance or other types of insurance in Germany, ask the International Office or any insurance company near you.

Accreditations and Certificates