Partnerships at the Centre for Media & User Experience
The Centre for Media & User Experience works with companies, agencies, chambers of trade and industry and professional associations at the regional and super-regional level. Its goal is to set up partnerships for specific projects, as well as permanent partnerships.
Forms of partnership
- Practical projects/ company partnerships
Topics are investigated in third-party funded projects (funding of research assistants, for example) or research projects with other universities, universities of applied sciences and companies.
- Case studies and conceptual seminars
Work on practice-oriented topics by several groups of students supervised by professors.
- Seminar papers, Bachelor and Master's theses
Written analysis by a student on a practice-oriented topic under the supervision of a professor.
- Consultancy projects
Business consultancy in brand communications, media content, language, media design, user experience, project and process management.
- Guest lectures
Lectures by company representatives as part of courses.
- Study trips
Company visits and workshops for students.
- Roundtable discussions
Organisation of themed roundtable discussions with representatives from the business and academic worlds.
- Sponsoring competitions for young professionals
Sponsoring of especially gifted students by funding competitions for young professionals.
- Continuing education courses / workshops
The centre organises continuing education courses and workshops.
The Centre for Media & User Experience already has many years of experience of partnerships in many different forms. Some examples of previous projects and partnerships with companies are:
- Market and trend analysis, development of sales-promoting online measures for ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH
- Study trip to Axel-Springer AG in Berlin
- Course taught with intensive collaboration with publishers in the region (e.g. Schwäbisch Media, SWP)
- Use of social media marketing using the example of the Facebook page of Sony Music Entertainment
- Development of a prototype internal communications platform for the non-profit organisation 'Engineers Without Borders'
- Development of a search engine for a partner network taking into account geographical search aspects
- Optimisation of processes from the perspective of usability
- Development of a concept for a cloud solution for detail
- Digitisation of workflows between partners in the dental sector
- Development of a concept for a cooperation platform for resource efficiency
- Optimisation of intranet and document management solutions
- Testing mobile phones for usability
- Analysis of consumer behaviour as related to store design