Our orientation programme for new international students takes place at the beginning of each semester before lectures start and lasts several weeks. In the summer semester we start at the beginning of March, and in the winter semester we start in mid-September.
We strongly recommend that our students take part in the orientation programme. In the first days of your stay with us the programme will enable you to deal with important formalities necessary for your studies and your stay. Additonally, it provides you the opportunity to get to know other international students as well as German students.
Our orientation programme includes ...
- individual support by German student tutors
- a pick-up on arrival at the Neu-Ulm or Ulm train station
- a free introduction to the German language and the opportunity to choose a free German course during the semester
- assistance with formalities, such as opening a German bank account, accompanied visits to the authorities, etc.
- introductory information sessions on studying at the HNU and living in Ulm and Neu-Ulm
- an intercultural training
- regional excursions
- regular weekly meetings with other international students, in cooperation with the local Erasmus initiative 'Erasmus & Friends'