Scholarships for International Degree Seeking Students
Scholarship "Hochschule International"
The scholarship is financed by the Bavarian State Ministry of Science and Arts and intends to support internationalisation at Bavarian universities. The International Office grants the scholarship “Hochschule International” to particularly qualified students in financial need.
Persons eligible for receiving the grant are degree-seeking students with foreign nationality who complete their whole study course at the HNU and who are not in their practical semester.
- Enrolement at the HNU (Bachelor / Master) and actual presence at the HNU for the purpose of studying
- Advanced semester, at least in 2nd semester in a study program taught in German or at least in 3rd semester in an English Master program
- Financial need
- Social engagement
- How to define "financial need"?
"Financial need" is determined in accorance with the applicable BAföG-regulations. If you do not live with your parents and have statutuory insurance, you have to fulfill the following conditions:
- your funds available per month are 853 Euro or less
- add 570 Euro to this amount if you are married
- add another 520 Euro for each child
If you have any doubts connected with this, please contact your BAföG Office Studentenwerk Augsburg.
- Application documents
- signed scholarship application
- certificate of enrolment
- grades cerificates (transcript of records ot the HNU)
- curriculum vitae
- statement of motivation
- evidence of nationality (e.g. passport copy)
- marriage certificate (if applicable)
- children's birth certificate (if applicable)
- other proofs (if applicable, e.g. social commitment, awards or prices)
- Grant amount
The monthly amount awarded for scholarships varies between 100 and 735 Euro. The grant is paid as one-off payment. It is determined according to your qualification and financial situation and depends on the funds available and the number of applicants.
Any monthly income more than 450 €uro will be cross-credited against your grant. Please note that there is no legal claim to a grant.
Deadline for application
- November 15th (for current winter semester)
- May 15th (for current summer semester)
The application has to be renewed each semester. The maximum sholarship duration is three years (for six applications altogether).
Please submit your application documentws via e-mail to Mirjam Wenke (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will receive the information if your application has been succesful within two weeks after the application deadline. The information will be communicated by e-mail.
For further information please consult the given links and contacts.