Capacity Building Blended Learning (CBBL)
In cooperation with the Strathmore Business School (SBS) and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) the HNU Africa Centre will share their knowledge and competences in the area of Blended Learning with the Strathmore University in Nairobi Kenya.
Duration: March 2015 - 2018
- 2015 - First HMHP Course Conducted
In the first year of the CBBL Project the successful partnership with Strathmore Business School (SBS) started with a Kick-Off meeting in Nairobi. Here the plans for the upcoming the first blended learning Hospital Management for Hospital Management (HMHP) course were made.
When the course was launched in May 2015 it featured:
- 25 participants from 9 different Kenyan hospitals
- First usage of the HNU mobile learning app
- Two face-to-face workshops
- A five month e-/m-Learning phase with materials available both on- and offline
- Transfer projects with local hospitals
- Co-operative online tutoring together with SBS staff
- 2016 - Internation Certification of the HMHP Course
In 2016 after the successful completion of the first HMHP Course run and the accompanying course evaluation the main project goal was to reach a certification for the course. This was reached in December after a successfull application to the Central Evaluation and Accreditation Agency (ZEvA).
2016 also marked the start of the first e-Learning lessons developed together with Strathmore Business School (SBS) to initiate the future in-house production of lessons in an e-/m-Learning format at SBS to conduct their own blended learning courses.
- 2017 - Development of E-Learning New Lessons
The development of new learning was continued in 2017 and in total 12 new lessons were developed for the HMHP course:
- Leadership and Governance
- Capital Budgeting
- Business Intelligence
The demand for these new lessons resulted from course evaluations and the lessons were incorporated in the new HMHP course run which started in December 2017.