Accreditation is used as a means of quality assurance and for comparing or 'positioning' degree programmes within the national and European higher education area. It assesses some 100 quality criteria, such as the conceptual bases and objectives of a degree programme, its position in relation to scientific research and business application, teaching staff, course content and how it is taught, the student development process from admission to examination, as well as resources and management.
The accreditation process aims to
- ascertain whether or not the goals of the degree programme are attainable
- certify its academic feasibility
- assess the current status of its scientific bases
- determine the value of the degree programme for the given professional domain
- determine the position of the modular degree programme within the European, national or regional higher education area
Accredited degree programmes
The following degree programmes have been accredited by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) in Bonn, the Accreditation, Certification and Quality Assurance Institute (ACQUIN), the Akkreditierungsagentur im Bereich Gesundheit und Soziales (AHPGS), and the Central Evaluation and Accreditation Agency (ZEvA).
- Business Studies (FIBAA)
- Business Studies in Healthcare Management (ZEvA)
- Information Management Automotive (FIBAA)
- Information Management in Healthcare (ACQUIN)
- Information Management and Corporate Communications (FIBAA)
- Business Information Systems (FIBAA)
- Industrial Engineering (ACQUIN)
- Industrial Engineering / Logistics (ACQUIN)
- Master of Advanced Management (FIBAA)
- B.A. Management for Healthcare Professionals (AHPGS)
- MBA Business Studies for Engineers and Other Non-Business Based Professionals (FIBAA)
- MBA Business Studies for Doctors (FIBAA)
- MBA IT-Strategy and -Governance (formerly Strategic Information Management) (FIBAA)
Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) is an international quality and accreditation agency which assesses the compliance of Bachelor, Master and PhD programmes with trade and industry needs and, if they meet the criteria, awards them the FIBAA quality seal.
The non-profit organisation Accreditation, Certification and Quality Assurance Institute (ACQUIN) assesses and puts its quality seal on Bachelor and Master's degree programmes at state and state-approved universities and universities of applied sciences.
The accreditation agency Akkreditierungsagentur im Bereich Gesundheit und Soziales (AHPGS) is an interdisciplinary, multi-professional organisation focussed on the areas Health and Social Affairs.
Evaluation and accreditation in teaching and learning, higher education governance and management are the main fields of activity of Central Evaluation and Accreditation Agency (ZEvA). Since 1995, ZEvA has also been active in the field of quality assurance in higher education.