- Setting up the "Kinderinsel" (children's island), a university child care facility for all parents at the HNU and parents of companies cooperating with the HNU.
- Setting up the „Beratungs- und Informationszentrum für Eltern, Persönliches und Soziales – BIZEPS“ (Consulting and information centre for parents, personal and social affairs)
- Setting up an interdisciplinary cultural programme for all members of the HNU and their families
- Implementing „family-friendliness“ in university policies:
- Extending the university mission statement and the professional training programme for executives to include „family-friendly and service-oriented“, setting up courses on gender-didactics for lecturers
- Improving the infrastructure for parents with children: baby care room, highchairs and the option to order take-away food in the cafeteria
- improving flexibility of working hours and place of work, such as establishing a notebook-pool for the administration, easing compulsory attendance for academic assistants and members of the staff