Studying as a parent
Having a child is a great joy!
But of course, combining pregnancy and raising a child with the challenges of studying also requires perseverance and organisational skills. Many diverse tasks such as taking care of a child, desk work, housekeeping, courses and maybe even a job need to be managed.
On the other hand, the time when one is studying might be a convenient biographical timeframe for parenthood and starting a family. Beginnning professional life later and setting the course for your own career might even be more demanding than studying. Balancing professional and family life every day is very challenging.
Familyfriendly infrastructure at the HNU
- Nappy-changing facilities and facilities where you can breast-feed your child
- Childrenareas (Mensa Steubenstraße, CLUB A/Wileystraße)
- Familyfriendly cafeteria: meals to take away, children´s highchairs
- Children´s reading corner in the library
- Loanable babyswings for lectures
HNU Welcompackage for newborns
With the HNU Welcomepackage for newborns the BIZEPS likes to say hello to the newborns of HNU-workers and students. Tell the BIZEPS when you become parents, so we can present your welcomepackage!
Loans for female single parents
Are you a female single parent? The Hildegardis-Verein is giving loans for female single parents. More informations.